Our theme this year is:
Beloved Community, Beloved Self: Honoring the Dream
Keynote Speakers and special presentations:
Dr. Catherine Meeks: Title to be decided: Catherine Meeks, PhD is the retired Clara Carter Acree Distinguished Professor of
Socio-Cultural Studies at Wesleyan College and the Director of the
Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing. She has long been a strong
advocate for social justice, community, and wellness. She is the author
of several books, including Living Into God's Dream and Standing on
Their Shoulders: A Celebration of the Wisdom of African-American Women (bio from her book Passionate for Justice: Ida B. Wells as Prophet for our Time)
Robert Pullen: Building Beloved Community through Story:
David Palmer: An Audio Visual presentation) Title to be decided
As in all other years we will have the wonderful all volunteer band "The Unconscious," if we are lucky enough to gather at beautiful Camp Mikel, a fire will be glowing every night in the main conference area, contemplative prayer, small dream groups, a great bookstore, art room; optional stargazing, late night movie, and bonfire; and many wonderful workshops! This year we are also incorporating a few nightly song and story sessions to hear from more members of our community, their experiences with dreams, synchronicity, song, storytelling, art, and more!
2020 Workshop Line-up: These will not necessarily be the same for 2021, though some may be offered again. They have been left here to give you an idea of the wonderful offerings that have been available in the past. Please check back closer to our conference date to see an updated list of workshops for 2021.
- The Six Shaman Questions led by Robert Pullen: Part of a Shaman's job is to assist people in preserving health and wholeness. Body sickness or soul sickness happens when things are out of balance. We will explore six questions that a Shaman might use to help understand the sources of imbalance that are contributing to problems. We will also experience the "medicines" needed to restore wholeness.
- The Joy of YOU! led by Doni Jordan and Rhonda Mullins: "Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties." ~Helen Keller Join us as we explore how to life a joyful life. Embark on a joy ride based on the book Joy in Every Moment by Tzivia Gover. We?ll examine the Eight Pillars of Joy as identified by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu. The session will end with a joyful experience in nature. You?ll leave with tips to experience daily joy, a listing of books to explore, and gifts that will both delight you and reflect gratitude.
- Alchemy, Hope, and Healing led by Steve Wilkerson: Alchemy has NEVER involved literally turning the metal of lead into gold. It has always been about healing and personal transformation. This work-shop will focus on how you can learn from the alchemical process--and be transformed yourself.
- The Extraordinary within Us led by Gayle Torres: An intuitive visual process, requires no previous experience. This workshop will emphasize hearing the whisper of the subconscious to discover strengths and mythic patterns in our lives.
- Simple Ways to Nourish Mind, Body, and Spirit led by Beth Kelley Zorbanos: In this workshop we will look at simple shifts we can make in our daily lives that have profound effects in moving us toward health, well being, and wholeness.
- DIY Dream Dictionary led by Pam Muller Dreams sometimes follow a theme or contain recurring symbols that represent patterns of behavior or common emotional wounds. Wouldn't it be great if you could keep a running record of symbols and what, specifically, it means for you? Come to this inter-active workshop experience and be guided through the process of making your own dream dictionary! Together we will scour our dreams for patterns of symbols, utilize an array of dictionaries to fuel our brainstorms, use each other to collect even more ideas, then create individual reference cards and catalog them into a one-of-a-kind dream dictionary.
- Creating a Joy-filled Practice of Integrating Dreams and Waking Life led by Laurel Genteman: A fun way to create colorful journals filled with magnetic words and images that will inspire you. When dreams and creativity intersect amazing things happen.
Sign up for our mailing list for updates!
- The Power of Intuition led by Mary Henn: We will do a series of experiential practices involving imagery and em-bodied sensing to tap into the flow of what wants to happen instead of trying to "figure it out" with the logical mind. One of the practices is delightfully effective at improving relationships, especially with someone who is "difficult" and triggering. You can use these tools to make decisions, large and small, and meander more in the direction of your life's calling.
- Dream Divina led by Sheri Kling: In this workshop, we?ll explore what leader Sheri D. Kling calls the ?imaginal praxis/practice? of dream divina. Dream divina combines the basic process of collecting and working with images in a dream with a guided visualization, and a time of silent prayer during which the dreamer can contemplate his or her dream images in the same way one practices contemplation with icons or sacred texts. Participants will leave with a script they can use in their own dream groups or spiritual communities.
- The Highly Sensitive Person led by Helene Rhodes: Are you ?too shy? or ?sensitive? according to others? Has anyone ever said to you, ?Why must you find meaning in everything?? Both introverts and extroverts can possess this genetic trait. You?re invited to explore the advantages and disadvantages of the highly sensitive person.
- Nap Time (offered each session) led by Darby Christopher: Do you need to rest, but also desire to feel connected to our group? Come be part of a group of ?nappers.? Hear a bed time story or two and receive a blessing to send you off on your way to slumber in your own space. Or, if the weather is nice we will meet in the large field by the retreat center. (In this case bring a blanket, jacket, pillow or whatever you need to feel comfortable.) The location will be announced and post-ed in Wilkins Hall.
Even more past workshop Titles:
Natural Spirituality Inside, Outside, Upside Down
Soul Collage with Dreamwork
Using Zentangle® in our Dialogue with God
Increasing Consciousness through Mindfulness Practice
The Forgotten Language (from the Way of the Dream)
Film as an Opening
Walking the Labyrinth
The I Ching
"My Inner Puppet: Let the Puppet do the Work"
Painting For Process
Crafting Your Spiritual Autobiography Through Dream Images
The Masks We Wear
"Making Travel Sacred"
Dream to Freedom--Dreams and EFT for emotional Change
Perceiving the Inner Mountain through Indigenous Eyes: The Borderland Consciousness
The Terrible Burden of Being Part of God
Wisdom of the Body
Writing the Testament our Hearts Speak
Using Dream Guidance to Change your Life
Word and Spirit: A Writing Workshop